top of page
  • I have something I would like the Town Board to discuss. How do I get it on their agenda?
    Call the Chairman, Steve Nuttleman at (608) 386-8803 or Clerk, Mel Hart-Pollock at (608) 385-5436.

  • What articles of trash are supposed to be recycled?
    #1 and #2 plastic, glass, tin and aluminum cans should be kept separate from the rest of the trash. Wash or rinse them out, remove the labels, and put them in a separate container. The Striped Strivers 4-H Club collects aluminum cans as a fundraiser.  Please bag them separately and place in their storage bin behind the Attendant's Office.   Newspapers are collected for recycling in a separate bin. This link has more information: 


  • What should I do with hazardous items such as paint, gasoline, or chemicals?
    Most of these articles can be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Material Collection site, which is located at the La Crosse County Landfill on Highway 16. No fee is charged La Crosse County residents if you furnish proof of residency. For more information, call (608) 785-9999 or go to

  • What are the regulations about burning refuse?
    It is okay to use a burning barrel unless the weather gets very dry. For other burning, call the chairman, Steve Nuttleman at (608) 386-8803, Fire Chief, Robert Rueckheim at (608) 486-9409 or Bangor Village Clerk, at (608) 486-4084.

  • How can I get a building permit?
    Contact La Crosse County Zoning at (608) 785-9722, and also the Building Inspector Randy Sullivan, 316 Kay Street, Sparta, WI 54656, phone (608) 269-5858

  • What 4-H Clubs are here, and how can my children join?
    We have several 4-H clubs: Striped Strivers, Browns Valley, Lower Big Creek, Bangor Township, and Rockland Fish Creek. For information, call the La Crosse County Extension Office at (608) 765-9593, or ask your neighbors or your children's' friends.

  • I need a place to hold a meeting or celebration. Can I use the Town Hall?
    Citizens of the Town of Burns may use the town hall. Call the Clerk, Mel Hart-Pollock at (608) 385-5436 to make arrangements.

  • I have questions about the assessment process, the appeal process, etc. Where can I get answers?
    Click on Assessor Data (Note: This website provides professionals with web access to official property records information. In order to use this website, you must obtain an account. You can obtain an account by calling
    (262) 253-1142 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm CST. The cost to use this service is $1 per property records report.) or call the Town of Burns Assessor, Neil Betts, Homefield Assessing, (608) 372-2205.

  • I would like to buy a cemetery plot.  Who should I contact?
    The Town of Burns has three cemeteries. For information about the Burns Cemetery and the Sand Creek Cemetery contact Linda Saley, (608) 486-2931. For information about Rockland Cemetery, contact Cody Caulum,

(608) 386-8809.

  • I need to license my dog.  Who do I contact?

        The town treasurer can license your dog if you meet the criteria in this link:

        To register a dog, send payment, copy of your drivers' license, phone number and current rabies certificate to:


Town of Burns Treasurer

Jodi Anderson

W2875 Anderson Road
Mindoro, WI 54644


Helpful Links

  • You can find answers to many more county-wide questions on the La Crosse County Website

  • You will find county ordinances at Ordinances

  • Find help with tax questions at Department of Revenue.

  • Safety and building codes can be seen at Codes

  • News and information from the state government level can be seen at

  • You can find a list of state agencies at Agencies

  • The state legislature has a site about their activities as well as other interesting information about Wisconsin at Legislature

  • To see the federal government's Website, go to United States

bottom of page